Monday 1 March 2010

Dreamer's Block

I've had a bit of dreamers block recently, some very nice Wensleydale Blue seemed to have no effect at all.

However a bit of Swaledale Goat's Cheese seemed to provoke some dreaming action.

Cheese: Swaledale Goat (approx. 80g)

This dream was not very coherent at all and I can only remember bits and pieces.

I was trying to fix an IT system that was immensely complex, trying to figure out how it worked was proving very difficult indeed. It had clearly been written in a very cryptic way.

I was just starting to make some progress on it when a senior IT manager from my work came over and told me that if I didn't have it sorted in a week I'd be sacked.

I reacted very badly to this and told him fuck right off. To hammer the point home, I stood over him and glowered down on him. He started to back track very quickly. I was the only person around who could sort this out (as I'd been brought in explicitly to do so).

He then said that obviously 'I wouldn't be in trouble' if I couldn't do it in time. I called him a silly cunt and told him that he'd better get 'the fuck out of my face'. This was extremely cathartic!

He disappeared off and I continued to work. I made some decent progress until my cousin Louis showed up unexpectedly from Chicago and asked me if I wanted to smoke a bong. It was packed full of lush smelly skunk. I was fairly reluctant as I was working, but he persuaded me to at least take a break for a bit, even if I wasn't going to smoke the bong.

We went outside and found ourselves in the middle of a concert. After a few minutes of wondering what was going on Blind Melon came on to play (despite being defunct since the death of their lead singer in 1994). During the gig I had an epiphany about the IT system I'd been looking at and went back inside at the end of the gig to go and sort it out.

When I got in there, my wife had already fixed it all, in exactly the way I was going to do it, despite the fact that she has no previous commercial IT experience. I was very proud of her, but also slightly annoyed that I hadn't got to implement the rather clever solution myself.

Freakiness: 7
Nightmare Factor: 6
Amusement Factor: 5
Enjoyability: 8
Coherence: 3
Vividness: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment