Wednesday 10 March 2010

Strange Parties

Cheese: Brie (approx 60g)

Someone I knew from school was having a birthday party. There was a cabaret act, and some guy turned up before hand with a trunk full of stuff for his cabaret act with the names of famous people he impersonated on the side - Frank Sinatra, Elvis, Elton John etc.

People started to arrive for the party and after a while the cabaret act started. Everyone stood at one end of the room watching the cabaret act. I was at the back. The entertainment seemed to involve people in freaky black and white masks.

For some reason I was lying on the floor at the back, looking up. One of the acts seemed to peer over the top of everyone and was looking down at me. He threw a piece of paper at me, which on closer inspection was some sort of origami figure. He motioned me to throw it back to him. This game of catch continued for a while.

After the cabaret act had finished everyone got drunk. I woke up the next morning still in the venue where the party had taken place. In the reception are there was an elderly Indian couple with a camcorder. They had recorded the previous night's festivities and were showing people what they'd filmed. I watched some of it and there was footage of the party and people talking and drinking. There was also some footage of the entertainment, which seemingly had been a Chinese Dragon, which I hadn't realised as I'd been lying on the floor.

Freakiness: 8
Nightmare Factor: 4
Amusement Factor: 6
Enjoyability: 5
Coherence: 4
Vividness: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment