Monday 8 March 2010

Seriously Odd

A very freaky dream, from what could be a potentially volatile cocktail of cheese.

Cheese: A cocktail of Brie, Stilton and Cheddar (had as part of a cheeseboard in a restaurant)

This dream was quite strange, but I do remember a specific segment very clearly. We were hanging around in a house (not a house I've ever seen before), there was me, my dad, my sister and a couple of other people (although I can't remember who).

There had clearly been a party as there were empty cans and glasses everywhere. It must have been the next morning, as it was daylight and we were all in our pyjamas watching TV.

There was a knock on the door, we got up to see who it was and it was a family down the street who had invited us over for lunch. It turned out the dad was Ray Winstone. We said we'd get ready and come down.

A bit later we all piled into the car (I'm not sure why, when we were only going down the road). Ray Winstone was outside and pointed out that we were still in our pyjamas and called us a bunch of "fackin' muppets".

None of us had remembered to get dressed. Ray also had his two sons and daughter there. His daughter was Lucy Davis from The Office (despite the fact her dad is Jasper Carrott). Slightly embarrassed we went back inside to get dressed.

I went out the back of the house to find my wife. It seemed the garden backed on to a lake and she was in a rowing boat on the lake. Unfortunately the rowing boat had run aground, so I had to wade in to rescue her. I had to try and pull the boat off the pebbly lake bottom and was digging away the stones to do this. Eventually I managed to get the rowing boat afloat again, and was pushing it back towards some sort of jetty.

At this point I was attacked by a crocodile, which I was surprised about given that crocodiles tend not to reside in fresh water lakes in Northern Europe. I kicked it off the first time, but then it came back for another bite. The struggle was so intense I woke up with a shock again.


Freakiness: 7
Nightmare Factor: 7
Amusement Factor: 5
Enjoyability: 5
Coherence: 8
Vividness: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment