Monday 3 May 2010

Refurbishment

I know it's been a while since I posted, but the dreams seem to have dried up a little recently, I shall have to try some more potent cheese.

Cheese: Edam (approx 50g)

I was in some bizarre shared house, although I'm not sure whether I was a student again or not. There was a very messy living room with a makeshift sofa made out of a bed. Everyone had just moved in, and was trying to decide who would get which room. It must have been a big house as there was about 8 people there.

It quickly transpired that deciding on rooms was going to be a problem as there seemed to be more rooms than people. The discussion got quite heated, although I wasn't really contributing to it, there already seemed to be too many people talking.

I remember looking around in the kitchen diner area, and it was a real tip. The kitchen area was pretty disgusting, and I was thinking 'I really don't want to live here.'

Thankfully, the guitarist from Right Said Fred was there (Fred Fairbrass according to Wikipedia). While everyone else was arguing he said to me and my wife that he was having his house refurbished, but was looking for someone to rent a room. I told him we were up for that. He said that the downstairs of the house wasn't finished yet, but the bathrooms and bedrooms were, and we could go and have a look.

We set off to his house on foot, and it was a hot and gloriously sunny day. His house happened to be on a road adjacent to my parent's house, by complete coincidence. When we got there, the house was indeed amazing, it was huge and beautiful, but the downstairs was a complete building site.

By complete coincidence, the work was being overseen by my dad's cousin (he's not a builder or an architect, so I'm not sure why) who also lives just round the corner. He was there with his younger daughter, making sure everything was being done to spec.

He saw us and stopped and chatted. He said he was confident the work would be completed in a few weeks and he was really pleased with how it was going and it would look amazing. We agreed to move in.

Freakiness: 5
Nightmare Factor: 4
Amusement Factor: 6
Enjoyability: 8
Coherence: 4
Vividness: 5

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!!! So glad i got to meet the Cheese surfer in person!!!

    ReplyDelete