Saturday 22 May 2010

Living in the Garage

Cheese: Manchego (approx 80g)

For some reason we were moving and we found this really unusual house, which looked really nice when we went round to look at it. It was very large and spacious but had a really unusual layout with lots of rooms coming off the garage, including the kitchen and living room.

When we moved in, it seemed that all the rooms came off the garage, so going from the bedroom to the bathroom meant going through the garage. I'm sure it hadn't been like this when looked round, but maybe when we looked round we just hadn't looked closely enough.

Not only that, but the house seemed to be underground so there were no windows, which seemed really bizarre. Again we didn't seemed to have noticed this when looking round.

As we were moving stuff in I noticed a number of wasps in the garage and manage to find an enormous wasp's nest, but not normal wasps massive scary looking wasps.

I decided to try and take it down with the aid of an insect killing aerosol, although when I did this, the wasps just seemed to mutate into even bigger freakier wasps. At this point I also noticed a load of massive spiders in the corner of the garage.

The spiders seemed to be making their way towards the wasps, and before I knew what was going on there was all out war between the wasps and the spiders. The spiders just wrapped all the wasps up in webbing, and before long, the wasps had been easily contained.

I went back into the living room and couldn't help but think 'I can't believe we sold our house to live here'. Thankfully when I woke up, we hadn't.

Freakiness: 8
Nightmare Factor: 8
Amusement Factor: 3
Enjoyability: 2
Coherence: 3
Vividness: 7

4 comments:

  1. "reasons not to move to Australia"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you been eaten alive by massive bugs yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello fellow cheese surfers. I've tried Stilton and Saint Agur twice each, with best results from the Stilton.

    Mattie, have you reached any conclusion about which cheese provides the best or most reliable results? (especially Enjoyability, Vididness, Coherence, and/or Freakiness)

    Also, does it matter how long before sleep you eat the cheese? Do you chew it well or just wolf it down (I could see possible benefits either way - maybe the mold needs to be digested to work well, or maybe it needs to NOT get digested so in that case it'd be better to swallow it without chewing and with a ton of water (but the health consequences may not be good))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon,

    I've not really built up enough of an archive yet to be able to make many specific statements that I can back up with enough evidence, although this is something I want to be able to do eventually.

    I'm also aware that any findings I do make will be about my experiences and won't necessarily transpose on to other surfers.

    In terms of how and when to eat, I try to eat it inside an hour of going to bed, as I figure I want the cheese to be in my system an hour or two into sleep. It's a fairly inexact science as it takes varying amount of time to get to sleep.

    I haven't really thought about how I eat it, although I wouldn't expect that to make too much difference. Although I never have the cheese cooked or melted.

    ReplyDelete