Monday 10 May 2010

Dreaming Gate One and a bit

I almost got through Castaneda's Second Gate of Dreaming the other night, but unfortunately was unable to hold the state long enough.

Cheese: Gorgonzola (approx 80g)

I had 2 dreams back to back, in which I closed in upon Castaneda's Second Gate of Dreaming, but was unable to maintain the state long enough.

In the first one, I was on a track going through a wood. It must have been around this time of year as the trees had just come out, and the leaves were still a bright light green.

I managed to find my hands almost straight away, and looked up in front of me to see white horse about 100 metres or so up the track. I figured that was probably my scout, and tried to get there.

There was a dip in the path before the horse, and then a brow to get over again once in the dip. As I briskly walked through the dip, the horse briefly disappeared from view, as I came up the brow, the horse had turned into a cow.

Once I got to the cow, I wasn't really sure what to do, I was expecting it to lead me off somewhere, but it just stared blankly at me. I tried to talking to it, but it was just a cow, and not a magic talking cow.

At this point I was unable to maintain the state of dreaming, and briefly woke up again. I felt I had been close to the second gate, as I was almost conscious during the dream.

I started dreaming again, and this time was crossing a street and saw an old friend from school. Finding my hands was easy as I put my hand out to shake his, and watched our hands touch and shake.

He looked exactly the same as he did 15+ years ago. We briefly chatted about what we'd been up to, and I was amazed and how vividly I could see his face. Unfortunately the state did not last, and I drifted off into dreamless, non-REM deep sleep.

Freakiness: 7
Nightmare Factor: 3
Amusement Factor: 3
Enjoyability: 7
Coherence: 6
Vividness: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment