Monday 12 April 2010

Blast from the Past

Cheese: Lincolnshire Poacher (approx 100g)

I was at a large stadium with my wife and we were coming out of a Whitney Houston gig (I don't know how I was ever persuaded to go to a Whitney Houston gig). I don't remember the gig itself, just leaving.

We went to the car park to find the car, and on the way I saw an ex-girlfriend from years ago. She was with her husband or boyfriend. She clearly clocked me, but didn't react and just blanked me. I wasn't going to say anything to her, but I did point her out to my wife once she was walking away.

We got in the car and started to drive off. For some reason this stadium was in the middle of the country, so we pulled out of the car park on to a tiny country lane, which bizarrely was completely deserted once we got round the first corner. I think everyone else was heading back into town via a main road on the other side of the stadium.

It was a beautiful day, with bright sunlight, which was also strange given that gigs take place in the evening, and this one had finished but the sun was still high in the sky.

A few miles down the road, and I noticed something flapping out of the back of the car and stopped to secure it. There seemed to be a massive piece of netting, some of which was in the boot, but the rest was trailing out of the boot of the car. I decided to take the netting out and fold it up properly.

The netting was only about 2 or 3 foot wide, but it was literally a couple of miles long, and I had to walk for what seemed like miles down the road to lay it out so I could fold it properly. The whole folding process took absolutely ages, but eventually I got it all folded up and put it in the boot, and we drove off.

Freakiness: 4
Nightmare Factor: 5
Amusement Factor: 5
Enjoyability: 6
Coherence: 6
Vividness: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment