Saturday 13 November 2010

Another Jane's Addiction gig

Cheese: Montagnolo Affine (approx 100g)

I was in a room at what I think was a party, there was a band getting ready to play, which turned out to be Jane's Addiction. The room was sufficiently small that there were only a handful of people watching, one of whom was Bam Margera from Jackass.

I decided I probably should get too close to Bam Margera as being from Jackass he might decide to poo on me or something. Once the band started playing I did notice he had started to skin up a joint.

The gig was really good and the band were really going for it, despite only a handful of people watching. After a song or two they broke into Ocean Size, one of my favourite Jane's Addiction songs.

When the guitar solo came up, Dave Navarro went really nuts and started playing some crazy stuff which was great. Bam had been joined by Johnny Knoxville and Wee Man who were moshing away quite violently, and I made a point of keeping my distance. It seemed that Wee Man had decided he wanted to go crowd surfing, but as there weren't really enough people, he had to be content with Knoxville and Margera throwing him at each other.

At one point, I had to duck as Wee Man sailed over my head, and thankfully for him, straight into a sofa. I looked across and Knoxville and Margera who for some reason were now wearing nothing but thongs, and Knoxville rather sheepishly put a hand up as an acknowledged apology.

As the solo came to an end, the tempo changed and Dave Navarro started playing some jazz style stuff. The whole thing then went jazz, and the band did jazz versions of their songs for the rest of the set.

Freakiness: 4
Nightmare Factor: 2
Amusement Factor: 7
Enjoyability: 8
Coherence: 7
Vividness: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment