Sunday 24 October 2010

The Dark Side

Cheese: Swaledale Old Peculier (Swaledale matured in Old Peculier stout - approx 100g)

I was wandering through central London when I saw former mayor Ken Livingstone standing next to me at a pedestrian crossing. I said hello and we got chatting. He was very down on himself after a televised mayoral debate had gone badly for him. I tried to cheer him up a bit as he seemed genuinely depressed about it.

After a while we said bye and went our separate ways. At this point my phone rang and it was my dad to tell me one of my relatives had died, and I had to meet everyone for the funeral. This part of the dream seemed very real, and when I woke up later, for a minute or two I wondered if this person had died.

I got on a train out of London and went to this hotel where everyone was staying for the funeral. I had to check in for the night as the funeral was the next day. I greeted all my relatives and the mood was pretty sombre.

Once I was in my hotel room, my phone rang again and this time it was my friend who lives in Australia. Bizarrely he told me that his relative had died too, which seemed really strange.

The next day, I got up and went down for breakfast, as I walked down, I passed a room with the door propped open. I could see two people inside, and I definitely knew the guy but couldn't place him. He had a much younger beautiful girl with him.

Freakiness: 7
Nightmare Factor: 8
Amusement Factor: 4
Enjoyability: 3
Coherence: 7
Vividness: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment