Wednesday 29 September 2010

An Old Bag

Cheese: Reblochon (approx 100g)

I was in a bar that seemed to be under some railway arches - I'm not sure exactly, but it was certainly arched. It was being run by a girl I went to school with.

It was quite seedy and dirty but in an underground chic sort of a way. There was a band setting up inside, and lots of posters and fliers on the wall advertising bands, gigs and clubs. It was during the daytime and the bar was pretty quiet.

I'm not entirely sure what I was doing there, as I don't recall having a drink. Some people, including the girl running the bar, were huddled round. There was a black box - I'm not sure what was in it. They put the box into a really beat up old leather bag, with old fashioned clip fasteners at the top. The bag was leather, but the leather was really worn and the outer layer was flaking away quite badly.

They gave me the bag, and told me to look after it. I wandered off for a while and came back later. It was night by this time and the bar seemed a much more dangerous place. A lot of scantily clad women were hanging around outside - I'm pretty sure they were hookers, but couldn't be sure if they'd just gone out for a cigarette.

The bar was a bit of a dive and people were shooting up heroin inside. I dumped the bag with the bar staff and told them to give it to the manager, then I made a pretty hasty retreat.

Freakiness: 7
Nightmare Factor: 6
Amusement Factor: 3
Enjoyability: 4
Coherence: 3
Vividness: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment