Sunday 7 November 2010

Wake up laughing

Cheese: Cambozola (approx 100g)

I was at a large institution of some kind, a large school or a college or something. There were a lot of big open spaces and large buildings. People were coming and going, and it was difficult to see exactly what was going on.

I went into a large empty warehouse of some sort. There was a team of people working on a car, I asked them what they were doing, but they didn't really say much, other than that they were fixing up the car.

I wandered off and into another building. I walked into a large auditorium where a lecture had just started, I stood at the back. The man giving the lecture was phenomenally dull and sounded a bit like Brian Sewell, and was just as smug. It was so dull that I had completely tuned out and had no idea what the lecture was even about.

The lecture ended and everyone filed out. Everyone seemed to be heading over to a large field near the coast. There was a couple, I'm sure I recognised the man, but couldn't place him. They seemed to have made some kind of pact.

They both pulled out guns and pandemonium ensued, although they weren't pointing the guns at anyone, or firing them. They ran across the field towards the cliff and no-one was sure what they were doing.

There were gasps of horror as they both leaped off the cliff, and two gunshots were heard seconds later in what was clearly a suicide pact. Everyone was very distressed at what they had just seen, and people ran to the edge of the cliff.

The couple were swimming towards the shore, and towards the path up the side of the cliff. It was very confusing and no-one was sure what had happened as they got out of the sea and started walking up the path.

When they got to the top, they explained that firing a gun whilst falling was very difficult and they had both missed, also they hadn't realised the tide was in, so they landed safely in the water. Having survived the experience, they both commented that they had a new appreciation of life.

One of the staff from the buildings came out and insisted everyone attend an impromptu service of thanks and celebration of life. We all sat in the sunny field while this guy took this service. At one point he said we should all celebrate the finer things in life, and take great joy from the things we love.

He asked people to shout out the things they love about life. People started shouting things like 'Watching the sunset' and 'Being with family' and 'Being with a loved one'. At this point my sense of humour got the better of me and I shouted out 'Teabagging!'

I managed to laugh myself awake at this point!

Freakiness: 8
Nightmare Factor: 6
Amusement Factor: 10
Enjoyability: 7
Coherence: 6
Vividness: 7

2 comments: