Wednesday 9 June 2010

Dreamer's Block

I've not posted for a while, mainly because I haven't had too many dreams that I can remember clearly enough or were vivid enough to post. I've been very busy with various other things, so Cheese Surfing has taken a bit of a back seat, but I hope to get things back on track.

Cheese: Cheshire (approx 70g)

I was in an airport with my Aunt and we were boarding a plane to fly to New York. When we arrived we were met by another Aunt - my Aunt who lives in New Jersey and is on the other side of my family. She was waiting for us in a white Cadillac, and it seemed apparent that the three of us were going to take a road trip across the US together.

Very quickly we seemed to be on a fairly desolate highway (despite starting on the Eastern sea board, which generally does not have such roads). I was driving and the three of us were chatting away. Iggy Pop's 'Passenger' was on the stereo.

We stopped at a number of Motels along the way to be greeted by varying degrees of inbred hick morons, whom we tried not to offend in fear of them chasing us with shotguns. Unfortunately in one place the said idiot hicks did get upset and we had hot foot our way out of there, jumping in the car and driving off at great speed.

The hicks got into their pick ups and started to chase us. What had started out as a pleasant road trip seemed to have turned into a cross between Thelma & Louise and The Hitcher (although Rutger Hauer was nowhere to be seen).

Looking back at the hicks in my mirror, one of them seemed to be Kiefer Sutherland, and he was shouting at us, but we couldn't tell what he was saying. One of my aunts and I started shouting back as we have links to Sutherland clan, and we thought if we could persuade him we were one of his clan he might stop wanting to kill us.

At this point, I realised that they were driving properly crap pick ups and we were in a pretty quick Cadillac. I just put my foot down and they soon disappeared from my rear view mirror. Shortly afterwards we came to a junction that sign posted Los Angeles one way and San Francisco the other. I commented how there was no way I was going to choke on smog and get shot by a crack dealer, so we headed towards San Francisco.

It wasn't long before we were heading into San Francisco and driving down the ludicrously steep streets. It did occur to me that we'd driven across America in absurdly short space of time. We parked up and there was a gay club across the road. My aunts were well up for going in for the comedy value. So we went into the gay club which happened to have John Barrowman DJing. At this point I decided there was no other course of action available to me other than to get raucously drunk. Which I did with aplomb.

Freakiness: 6
Nightmare Factor: 7
Amusement Factor: 6
Enjoyability: 6
Coherence: 5
Vividness: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment